Are you worried about your agents missing important calls? Did you notice that your contact rate is low?
If yes, then there’s a good chance that you’ve been considering incorporating dialer technologies to improve your operations and agent performances. It’s a big investment, though—so how do you know which dialer is right for your particular needs?
There are three main types of dialers: manual, automatic, and predictive. But let’s be honest: as a leader, you have better things to worry about than which dialer is going to be the most efficient. Here’s how each type works:
Manual dialing is what it sounds like—an agent sits by the phone and manually dials every single number in a list. This can be time-consuming and expensive, but it’s also probably not so different from what you’re doing now.
Automatic dialing is when software calls numbers from a list automatically. If someone answers, they are transferred to an agent. If no one answers and there is an answering machine or voicemail service, the message is played automatically. This system can save you time and money.
One of the most critical concerns for contact centers is time management. Whether they are dedicated to inbound, outbound, or both, your contact center agent teams are frequently forced to make a large volume of calls. That is why efficiency is always the buzzword for the industry. From a technological standpoint, it is commonly associated with automated call tools such as contact center dialer.
Outbound campaigns provide contact centers the potential to build a loyal and satisfied client base, as well as increase your business revenue. So, your dialer system should be suited to the organization’s market segment and business goals.
This article will give you insights at how a dialer can help you reach your contact center business goals.
Why are dialers paramount for your contact center?
For your company to succeed in today’s contact center climate, it is critical to implement a system compatible with your employees’ needs to maximize the efficiency of your contact center and keep your agents productive.
With the right contact center dialer, you can expand your business and make more money.
By maximizing agent productivity and automating manual tasks to make your team more efficient and effective, dialers help your agents make the most of their time on the phone. And that means you’re getting more out of every minute you spend on calls, which equates to a higher return on your investment.
Plus, contact center dialers let you work with larger call volumes, which opens up opportunities for growth and increased revenue. They also allow you to keep up those high call volume numbers at a consistent quality level—something that is often impossible for businesses without dialers to maintain.
Contact center dialers are a powerful tool for any business. A contact center dialer is a technology that helps your contact center agents make more calls and connect with more customers than they could if they were dialing out manually.
They’re especially useful if you’re looking to do one of the following:
- Call Efficiency: Contact center dialers can greatly improve your call efficiency. No more time wasted waiting for a customer to answer, because the dialer will move on to the next customer right away. This means that you make more calls per hour and reach more customers.
- Customer Satisfaction: Because your agents will be spending more time talking to your customers rather than waiting for them to pick up, they’ll be able to offer better service and a higher quality experience. Your customers will feel more satisfied because they’ll be talking to an agent who knows what they want and has the time to give it to them.
- Increased Revenue: When you have more happy customers, you have more repeat customers—and that means increased revenue for your business. With a contact center dialer, you’ll get an ROI before you know it!
Dial engines are critical tools for every contact center that executes outbound phone campaigns, whether for retention, collection, information, or sales promotion. These engines generally provide four dialer modes:
- and Predictive.
Frontline agents are an essential part of the customer experience, and contact centers have the potential for a significant impact. Steve Bederman, CEO of NobleBiz, and host Steve Walker explore the influence of call centers on customer experience and how contact center technology and culture can significantly impact customer experience in this podcast episode titled “Get Comfortable Saying. “Yes.”
This dialer detects when an agent is available and presents him with a form containing all the information in the file or the CRM databases.
The agent can then familiarize himself with the customer profile by previewing the circumstances and setting of the upcoming interaction. He can then work on his introduction, script, and speech. When he is ready, he clicks a button in his interface to start the call.
The Benefits of Preview dialer for your contact center:
- A preview of the client information: When an agent is available in preview mode, the system presents a profile with the prospect’s details. The agent can then learn the facts or develop sales arguments.
- Ability to skip to the next customer: In reality, many of today’s systems include various calling options in this mode. One of them is the agent’s ability to skip the received profile and move on to the next one. This option can also force the agent to make the call or do so after a preset amount of time.
- Preparation for calls: In any case, this preview mode allows agents to prepare their sales arguments and prevent contact objections. As a result, it is a high-quality campaign management mode, well-suited to campaigns where customers know the call. We’re talking about campaigns managed by trained agents who operate from a list of appointments or callbacks. As a result, they are more likely to reach the contact and have a conversation with them in this way, which is not always the case with cold calls.
- Call management: Agents receive one call at a time, which helps them focus on their task without distraction and stress. They are less likely to make mistakes or miss important details this way.
- Reduction in live training time: The preview mode allows you to train new agents on your system by providing them with information before the call and helping them practice their pitch and sales arguments.
- An increase in sales: The preview dialer offers your business a powerful tool that can help increase your sales. Since agents have a preview of the clients’ profile, they will be prepared to answer any questions from your prospects and overcome any objections they may have.
- Automatic recording of call notes: After completing the call, agents can record notes about their conversation with a customer as well as other relevant details in a dedicated field. The contact center manager can then review these notes for quality control purposes or for training new agents.
Downsides for call center agents:
- Wasted times: The agent will receive numerous unsuccessful calls, such as busy signals, disconnected lines, or voicemails. This is reflected in the call center’s overall productivity and can impact agent motivation, which can play a huge factor in evaluating your contact center agent’s performances.
In this system, the dialer makes the call by tracking the contact base and routing it to an available agent. Before the contact picks up the phone, the agent hears the tones, guaranteeing that an agent is on the line to answer the person on the other end. The agent then may see the details of the call that is being dialed simultaneously. Unanswered calls, fax numbers, voicemails, busy calls, and so on are all hung up after a specified amount of time. This progressive dialer reduces the agent’s workload while increasing call processing efficiency.
Progressive dialer is also a type of dialing software that allows agents to engage directly with clients and prospects. It can be used by any business, regardless of size and industry. The system tracks the contact base, routes it to an agent as soon as one becomes available and displays a form to be filled in by the agent. The progressive mode allows agents to perform tasks simultaneously while they are on a call.
Advantages of the progressive dialer:
- Calls automation: Unlike the preview mode, the progressive dialer does not preview the contact information. When an agent becomes available, the system sends a form, giving them little time to review it before starting the interaction. This answering machine detecting feature allows the client-info to be displayed only when someone answers the phone. As a result, if the engine encounters an answering machine, it instantly advances to the next customer.
- Customization to a certain level: Despite the lack of preparation time, the progressive dialer enables agents to offer individualized pitches based on the profile of the contacted prospect. These are discussion aids created using information from your prospect database. It saves time when combined with the automatic answering machine detection function because it quickly removes unnecessary calls. By using it, a contact center increases the productivity of its agents by putting them in direct contact with prospects.
- Answering Machine Detection: The Progressive Dialer is able to detect answering machines and immediately advance to the next customer. This allows all of your agents’ time to be spent speaking with real people instead of wasting it leaving voicemails.
Downsides of the progressive dialers:
- Call abandonment: Predictive dialers can occasionally connect users to agents before they are ready to speak with them. In this example, people hang up after waiting a few moments. Which can increase the call abandonment rate.
- Dropped calls: Clients may readily recognize your predictive dialer’s outbound calls using spam call detection, stopping you from reaching out to your customers.
If you’re looking for a way to save time and money while also making it easier and more convenient to serve your customers, you should consider using a Power Dialer.
In simple words, this system dials and distributes calls automatically. When a contact answers the phone, the call is routed to an agent.
This dialer operates by connecting agents solely to answered calls. A Power Dialer dials a number immediately after a call is terminated. When a number is left unanswered, busy, or disconnected, the Power Dialer moves to the next one. Unwanted calls are not sent to an agent, so no time is lost on busy signals, invalid numbers, disconnected lines, or voicemail responses.
Dialing can be adjusted based on agent count relationships and call demand or purpose. The contact information history will be displayed to the agent if the power dialer is coupled with CRM.
Here are the Benefits:
- Increased contacts per hour: A Power Dialer dials a number immediately after a call is terminated. When a number is left unanswered, busy, or disconnected, this Dialer moves on to the next one.
- Unwanted calls are not sent to an agent, so no time is lost on busy signals, invalid numbers, disconnected lines, or voicemail responses.
- Cost efficient: With fewer calls being made to incorrect numbers, dropped calls do occur less frequently than before (and therefore save you money).
- CRM integration enables effective customer service and lead management.
And the downsides:
- Agents will experience some downtime.
- Power Dialer is not versatile as it’s only suitable for Sales telemarketing and cold calling.
- The Power Dialer is used to answer a need for call personalization most of the time.
Looking for a way to boost the productivity of your call center? The Predictive Dialer may be the solution for you!
Predictive dialers use AI and machine learning to make calls from a specified list of numbers efficiently. Several numbers are phoned at the same time to accomplish this. Calls are then automatically routed to available agents.
Predictive dialers forecast the average time to answer calls and cross-reference this data with the number of agents. The number of dials to be made is predicted by intelligent algorithms. It is also known as Rapid Dialer. For a deeper understanding of how predictive dialers works, check out our article.
The dialing habit is statistically driven and dials more calls than the number of agents. Predictive dialers determine the proper number of numbers to get each agent on the line with fewer intervals between calls, knowing that a certain % of calls will be invalid. For example, if your contact center data shows that the average call lasts 50 seconds, a predictive dialer can begin dialing after 40 seconds.
In simpler words, the predictive dialer is:
- Run by predictive algorithm,
- Effective with six or more agents,
- Estimated call volume: 100 to 200 / hour,
- Very efficient to accelerate the sales process and telephone prospecting.
Advantages for call centers
- Increased call center productivity and income significantly: takes outbound calling campaign optimization to a new level. The Predictive Dialer substantially enhances the efficiency of your workers by intelligently automating dialing.
- Time management: Optimize your time by detecting answering machines, faxes, and non-answers using algorithms.
- Adaptable to the needs of a call center: Based on the information, your supervisors can establish personalized qualification fields for your prospects. As a result, when you import your prospect file into the Dialer, your agents get all relevant information, which is accessible and updatable from your supervisors’ workstation!
- Operational efficiency: Helps managers understand the workload requirements for their staff and adapt to their needs in real-time.
- Multi campaign management: Predictive dialers allows you to set up multiple campaigns at once without having dedicated staff monitoring each individual campaign. If something goes wrong in one campaign while another is running smoothly, then all calls will still be routed correctly without any issues resulting from human error or miscommunication between campaign operators.
Because this dialing system employs numbers to keep each agent on the line, a person answering the phone may find that no agent is available to take the call. As a result, the call is dropped. And that’s where the most significant advantages of the predictive dialer are.
Learn more about Examples of Successful AI Implementations in Contact Centers from our first contact podcast. Fred Stacey, Co-Founder and General Manager of Cloud Call Center Search, discusses the benefits of AI technologies for data-driven enterprises, as well as the significance of having the skill and effort to evaluate everything and convert it into meaningful insights.
How the Predictive dialer decreases abandonment rates and enhances your business revenue?
Companies that want to boost income or sales in a contact center may set the bar too high and implement exaggerated dialing methods. Call abandonment increases when dialing rates are set incorrectly. Calls from an unknown number that no one answers may irritate people on the dial list numerous times per day.
Many countries have regulatory limits on the abandonment rate to safeguard citizens from abusive predictive dialing methods. A maximum desertion rate of 3% is suggested. In some nations, the maximum rate of abandonment is 5%.
If no one communicates with an agent within 2 seconds of the call being answered and acknowledged, the call is often deemed abandoned. As a result, the dialer is forced to play a pre-recorded message. This is an excellent opportunity to leave a professional voice message and introduce the firm.
Conclusion: Which dialer to choose for your contact center?
While all dialers can boost team productivity and reduce manual input, your specific needs and goals determine the type of automated call system you select for your contact center.
The three following factors should be considered before making your decision:
- The size of your company: This is important because small and big teams will function better when using a predictive dialer, which works to automatically maximize the number of simultaneous calls made by the team. In that regard, a predictive dialer can drastically reduce that time spent on input, thereby increasing the number of potential conversations they’ll have with customers or prospects.
- The type of calls you wish to make: Predictive dialers are great for high-volume outbound tactics like cold calling and sales, but previewing or manually dialed systems are invaluable when speaking to specific prospects or customers that require greater care in handling.
- The degree of customization required: This goes accordingly with your target specifics ( age, geographical location, gender etc).
The dialer you select is heavily influenced by the number of agents committed to outbound calls. The Predictive Dialer is more ideal for contact centers in 2022.
Predictive dialing accurately anticipates agent availability, optimally distributes outbound call traffic, and filters out non-productive calls such as voicemail, busy signals, and deactivated numbers in the omnichannel call center environment. Since it allows agents to avoid wasting time on ineffective contacts. Instead, clients are automatically matched with the appropriate customers.
NobelBiz has over 20 years of experience offering comprehensive and personalized solutions for contact centers worldwide. Our telecommunication services and cloud contact center solution NobelBiz Omni+ can meet the needs of all types of contact centers, regardless of size, industry, or activity (Inbound, Outbound, or Mixed).
Do you need a professional and timely evaluation of your Contact Center’s telecommunications needs? Now is the time to schedule a consultation with one of our experts who can help you with:
- Obtaining an unbiased assessment of your contact center operations
- Pinpointing the issues in your technologies
- Obtaining complete compliance help
- Getting practical advice on contact center KPIs and performance challenges.
- Developing a preliminary high-level action plan purpose-built for your organization