by Karl Walder | EVP of Innovations | June 7, 2019
Under new proposed rules, debt collectors would be able to call up to only seven times a week; and can use text, email, and private message to try and obtain payments.
On Tuesday, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) announced a proposed update that “would provide consumers with clear protractions against harassment by debt collectors and straightforward options to address or dispute debts”
There are two primary proposed changes that could affect your contact rate and your ability to obtain a promise to pay or payment. It’s extremely important to note these changes.
Establish a clear rule limiting call attempts and telephone conversations. Once a conversation has taken place, the debt collector must wait at least one week before calling again. Clarify how debt collectors communicate with consumers. The proposed rule would clarify how newer technologies such as Voicemails, emails, and text messages can be used. In addition, it provides guidance to unsubscribe to these methods.
The proposed changes are a move “to modernize the legal regime for debt collection,” Kraninger, saying in a statement that the CFPB is “taking the next step in the rulemaking process to ensure we have clear rules of the road where consumers know their rights and debt collectors know their limitations.”
In an effort to combat illegal robocalls, the senate passed legislation called the Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act which would allow carriers to use various algorithms to identify phone numbers that are not legitimate, label them with a warning, or block them all together. Preparation for the future is more important than ever.
Fortunately, our recent release of Trusted Caller ID addresses these challenges. Adding the Trusted Caller ID option will ensure that each phone number provisioned on our World Class Voice telecommunication network can be registered with the mobile phone carrier networks. Then it will identify the phone number as being associated with a legitimate business, thus drastically reducing the probability of being blocked or mislabeled.
The NobelBiz Innovations Team works diligently to assure your contact rates are enhanced or maintained as this legislation evolves to assure you get those hard-fought promise to pay and payments.
Combining iNexus and World Class Voice capabilities will maintain and enhance the contact rates you depend on to achieve your collections outcomes. They have standard capabilities of a world class dialer and are available for predictive, preview, and TCPA based on your needs for a blended contact center solution.
The iNexus Cloud Contact Center new release includes:
- SMS campaign management and customer contact capabilities.
- Agent application scripting capabilities for a streamlined workflow.
- Ringless Voicemail that will leave a message without actually ringing their phone.
- Scalable phone lines to enable you to make a contact depending on the debt type- first party, third party, or purchased.
The World Class Voice Telco Carrier Networks Shield provides:
- LocalTouch – our patented local caller ID solution.
- LocalTouch Bucket rotation- changing the local number based on the attempt count.
- Carrier Level Frequency Filters assure attempt limits (at the carrier level) to each phone number by hour, day, week, or month. This is the insurance you need in the event you have misconfigured rules in your dialer.
Brand New Offer!
- A 30-day no obligation trial of the iNexus Cloud Contact Center featuring our latest product release.
- Same day initial configuration so you can test and put these features in production immediately.
- After the set-up, we will work with you to refine your approach to achieve your goals.
Protect your company, and get the optimal collections results you and your customers need.